GENERAL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND CONSENT
We have a general set of rules and procedures which you have to agree to before we can continue with the process. It is important that you fully understand what you are reading. If you need more information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further assistance.
A. Understanding of process
- I understand that the primary purpose of the assessment procedure is to assist the higher educational institution to select candidates that meet the critical competencies required for alternative access into their registered higher education qualifications.
- I understand that in support of my application for RPL for Access at this educational institution, I am required to complete a series of diagnostic, summative and formative assessments. These assessments may include at minimum the Portfolio of Learning, appropriate skills tests, a non-verbal problem-solving assessment as well as a competency-based interview.
- I understand that a time limit of 12 months is imposed. Failure to supply the needed information and finish the application within the time limit will lead to the deletion of my application from the system.
B. General behaviour and etiquette
- I understand that abusive behaviour, attempts at bribery, dishonesty and threats towards the staff of CEApp or the educational institution will result in my application being black-listed and terminated with immediate effect.
C. Fees and termination of services
- I understand that the fee paid upfront is non-refundable, and will not be refunded when I change my mind about participating in the application process, changing courses, educational institutions, fail to supply the information within the time limit, or for any other reason that may arise.
- I understand that on the day of assessment, be that at the college or home, I will ensure that I am well-rested and completely sure of what is expected from me in the session. I understand that I can only do the assessments once and that during the assessment session, the answers I provide will be my best effort. Where I do the assessments at home, the answers are done by myself and completely unassisted by other people or other sources that may be helpful (i.e. cheating).
- I understand that I am entitled to feedback regarding my assessment results from the educational institution.
E. Voluntary supply of information and record-keeping
- I supply this information voluntarily, willingly and out of my own free will.
- I declare that the information that I provide throughout this process as well as tests are indeed true and correct. I also provide the administrators of this assessment instruments the authority and right to verify the correctness of any of this information and I accept the fact that if false information is supplied, that it will automatically lead to my results being declared null and void.
- I consent to my assessment results being shared with only the relevant parties to facilitate the decision-making process regarding my application for alternative access through RPL for Access.
- I consent to my assessment results being kept on the CEApp database for documentation and research purposes as set out by the Council of Higher Education (CHE) and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) with the understanding that no identifying details will be published or shared with a third party without explicit consent. Therefore, my information will remain anonymous.
F. Guarantee of results
- I understand that I’m not guaranteed access into the course of my choice as it is dependent on my performance in this RPL process, as well as the final decision of the educational institution – for whatever the reason may be.
- I shall not hold CEApp, the educational institution or test publisher(s) responsible for the outcome of this assessment procedure.
- I understand that the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) came into force in South Africa on 01 July 2021. POPIA aims to protect a person’s personal information and privacy. I understand that CEApp and the educational institution use and store my personal information to render the RPL service in compliance with POPIA and other relevant and applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- I understand that I have rights as a data subject regarding my information and how it is processed. CEApp will uphold these rights and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of any personal information without my explicit consent (i.e. anybody not directly involved with the RPL process).
- I understand that I can consult the CEApp Privacy Notice at: https://nomesupport.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/4403751283089/en-us?brand_id=360001076734 for detailed information on how and why my information is collected and processed, compliance measures in place to ensure the protection and privacy of the provided information, as well as what can be done to exercise my rights.
Note: Reference to CEApp, also includes NO:ME Psychometrics and Consulting
(Update: 1 July 2021 to reflect Privacy/POPIA)